Many of you are taking care of others during this time. I am going to post a bit about taking care of yourself.
1 Corinthians 6:19 What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost in you….”
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink. or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Ideas for Taking Care of Yourself
- As in 1 Corinthians, try to keep to a fairly healthy diet. Maintain a normal eating schedule.
- Getting exercise can be hard depending on where you live. I am able to go for walks in my neighborhood, but need to stay away from other people. You should be able to find some types of exercise, like yoga, online.
- Read inspirational quotes online. I typed in, “inspirational quotes”. There are a number of sites. I found this quote at brainy quote.com. “Keep your face always towards the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.”
- Try guided imagery. Someone reads from a script using a soothing voice. They often have you imagine that there are things around you that would be relaxing. You will be guided on how to breath in a way that promotes relaxation. There are many sites on line for guided imagery also. I found a few short ones on You Tube. I typed in “short guided imagery”.
- Listen to music. Whatever music makes you feel good.
- If you have trouble getting to sleep try tightening one muscle at a time and then relaxing it.
- Look up Mindfulness Meditation. It may be different than what you consider meditation. Wikipedia – purposely bringing one’s attention to experiences occurring in the present moment.
- Read an old favorite book or a new favorite.
Look online for more ideas.
Here is one last quote:
Matthew 15:32 Then Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I have compassion on the crowd, because they have been with me now three days, and have nothing to eat; and I am unwilling to send them away hungry lest they faint on the way.”
Prayer – Asking for help with patience or with taking care of yourself.